Please note that as of May 1, 2019 we’re not currently accepting new Associate Memberships as we’re at capacity.
CommunityWise is a member-based organization. There are several types of Membership at the centre.
TENANT MEMBER: rent an office space or storage space in the building; book common rooms; rent a mailbox.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER: book common rooms; rent a mailbox; can be on the waiting list to rent, share or sublet office space.
In order to become a TENANT or ASSOCIATE MEMBER of CommunityWise, your organization must be:
- A non-profit or grassroots organization based in Calgary (*Tenant Members must be a legally registered nonprofit or charitable organizations in order to enter into a Rental Agreement with CommunityWise*)
- Fill out the CommunityWise membership application, and pay the $40 membership fee
- Provide at least two community contacts as references
- Adhere to the bylaws, rules and regulations of CommunityWise
- Understand and embrace that you are joining a community
- Be approved by the membership committee
INDIVIDUAL MEMBER: interested in supporting CommunityWise, contributes and participates in organizing and attending events, programs, work bees and special projects. Individual members will apply (membership application form) and pay a fee or equivalent in-kind donation.
APPLICATION FEE: $40 one time application processing fee
$40 renewable annually
$40 optional, renewable annually
COMMON ROOMS DAMAGE DEPOSIT: $200 one-time fee, refundable upon termination of membership
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER?
Interested groups or organizations are encouraged to first visit us in person and meet with staff to talk about your group’s needs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-261-9660 prior to stopping by.