Please note that as of May 1, 2019 we’re not currently accepting new Associate or Individual Memberships as we’re at capacity.
CommunityWise is a member-based organization. There are several types of Membership at the centre.
TENANT MEMBER: rent an office space or storage space in the building; book common rooms; rent a mailbox.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER: book common rooms; rent a mailbox; can be on the waiting list to rent, share or sublet office space.
In order to become a TENANT or ASSOCIATE MEMBER of CommunityWise, your organization must:
- Be a charitable, nonprofit, or grassroots organization based in Calgary (*Tenant Members must be a legally registered nonprofit or charitable organizations that have been in operation for at least one-year in order to enter into a Rental Agreement with CommunityWise*)
- Have at least one permanent staff or core volunteer based in Calgary
- Fill out the CommunityWise membership application, and pay the $40 membership fee
- Provide at least two community contacts as references
- Understand and embrace that you are joining a community
- Be approved by the membership committee (the committee can decline an application if they believe there to be a conflict with the bylaws, mission, or values of CommunityWise, or believe the applicant to cause harm to other member groups)
- Applicants and member organizations must abide by CommunityWise’s Anti-Harassment Policy; Member Rules and Expectations; and Member Agreement
- Applicant groups who have been denied membership can re-apply after 6-months
INDIVIDUAL MEMBER: interested in supporting CommunityWise, contributes and participates in organizing and attending events, programs, work bees and special projects. Individual members will apply (membership application form) and pay a fee or equivalent in-kind donation.
APPLICATION FEE: $40 one time application processing fee
$40 renewable annually
$40 optional, renewable annually
COMMON ROOMS DAMAGE DEPOSIT: $200 one-time fee, refundable upon termination of membership
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER?
Interested groups or organizations are encouraged to first visit us in person and meet with staff to talk about your group’s needs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-261-9660 prior to stopping by.