Please note that as of May 1, 2019 we’re not currently accepting new Associate Memberships as we’re at capacity.
(click on the links below)
- Must be a registered non-profit organization, committee run organization, grassroots organization or registered charity and in operation for at least one-year.
- Must have at least one permanent staff or core volunteer based in Calgary.
- Must be willing to meet with the membership committee, if requested, for discussion of membership, questions and concerns or for community-related discussions.
- Must complete the membership application, and pay the required $25 (cash) processing fee.
- Must provide at least two community contacts from a landlord, business relation, partners, or funder as references.
- CommunityWise membership committee can decline an application if they believe their interest conflicts with the bylaws, mission, or values of the organization, or believe the applicant to cause harm to other member groups.
- Applicants and member organizations must abide by CommunityWise’s Anti-Harassment Policy.
- Must adhere to CommunityWise rules and regulations, including bylaws.
- Applicants are required to complete the enclosed membership application & provide necessary documents or evidence of the above criteria.
- Applicant groups who have been denied membership by the membership committee, can reapply after 6-months.