CommunityWise Members Memo
1. CommunityWise database developer contract
CommunityWise is seeking proposals to help us create a new members database. This database will ensure better services for the dozens of members at the centre. Please view the RFP on the CommunityWise website and share widely. Application deadline is Tuesday, March 15.
2. March 21st International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination – FREE event
CommunityWise, in collaboration with the Beltline Youth Centre, is hosting a special event to bring attention to the recent increase in racist and anti-immigrant sentiment in Calgary by celebrating diversity and inclusion. You are invited to experience the Spoken Word and Hip Hop performances, visual art and an interactive string art activity! All ages, everyone welcome! Free BBQ! Monday, March 21, 3:30-6:30pm; CommunityWise Common Room and BYC, 223 12 Ave SW.
3. Call for CommunityWise Board Members
Board Application Procedure:
Prospective board members are asked to provide responses to the following questions:
1) What is your interest in joining the board?
2) What are your perspectives, skills, experience that you want to contribute to the board?
3) What group(s), organization(s) or community(ies) do you represent, participate in or identify with? (optional)
Email to email@example.com or deliver to the CommunityWise admin office in person before April 15.
4. Is your nonprofit organization looking for office space?
CommunityWise has vacancies for three small offices. We are inviting existing members as well as groups interested in becoming CommunityWise members to apply. Please get in touch with our admin office. We would be happy to provide more information and answer any questions you have. More info available on the CommunityWise website.
5. Participate on the programming committee!
One of the committees within the CommunityWise committee structure is the programming committee. This committee plans CommunityWise's community development planning with representation from the membership. Meetings take place about once/month. The next meeting is Wednesday, March 23, 4pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info! Or, do you have a programming idea? Get in touch!
6. Canadian Mental Health Association's Community Helpers program
On Thursday, March 24, 6:30 – 9:00pm CommunityWise will be hosting another FREE basic Community Helpers training session in collaboration with the Canadian Mental Health Association. Refresh your skills, learn something new, and meet other CommunityWise members! This training will again focus on the Helping Skill: knowing when to help, listening skills, ethics of helping, and limits. For more information or to sign-up, please email email@example.com
7. Burnout Prevention League: Another dumpling party/welcome to new CommunityWise members!
Stop by the Common Room on Wednesday, March 23, 12:30-1:30pm to share some dumplings (and/or other pocket-shaped foods) and to meet new CommunityWise members. All welcome!
SEEDS Connections is looking for volunteers for evening shifts for their Casino, happening on April 20th and 21st, 2016 (Wednesday and Thursday) at Cash Casino on Blackfoot Trail SE. Please contact Corinne Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Thank you!