Hello CommunityWise Members,
We continue to evaluate the COVID-19 situation, stay informed about Alberta’s relaunch strategy, and prioritize public health and the safety of our community. We are aware of the Government of Alberta’s plans to move to relaunch “stage 2” on June 12. The physical layout of our building (e.g. narrow hallways and other tight spaces that limit possibilities for physical distancing); the vastly multi-purpose nature of CommunityWise; the large number of members we serve; and the high degree of autonomy typically afforded to member activities and use of the building all present unique challenges for our implementation and enforcement of the mandatory public health protocols required to relaunch in stage 2.
As a result, the building will remain closed to common room bookings and to access by the public until such a time when we can ensure a more adequate level of risk management and community safety.
The following updated building protocols are currently in place for all building users. We ask for your cooperation in following these as part of our collective commitment to public health:
- Only use the building for work that isn’t possible to do outside of the building and that doesn’t involve individuals outside of your organization’s staff, volunteers, or consultants/contractors visiting the building.
- Exceptions may be made for those members who provide one-on-one counselling, one-on-one peer support, or one-on-one case management services; *please be in touch at email@example.com so that we can ensure mandatory public health protocols are in place for your organization*
- Always practice physical distancing when in the building (6 feet/2 meters apart), including in individual member offices, when using hallways, and when entering and leaving the building. Wearing a mask is highly recommended when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick; if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms; or if you have been in contact with someone who has received a COVID-19 diagnosis. Anyone who is experiencing cold-like symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath MUST NOT be in the building.
CommunityWise continues to disinfect high touch surfaces (front door, light switches, toilet handles, faucets and taps, surface counters, photocopier pad) 2-3 times a day. Members are also highly encouraged to utilize additional cleaning and disinfecting practices in their own offices. If you require disinfectant or PPE supplies (e.g. masks, gloves), please reach out to us.
In preparation for any further easing of restrictions, we are currently working to secure proper full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplies to be made available to users as needed; have enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols; install additional building signage; and engage in educational opportunities with users of the building, all while taking into account our staff capacity for on-site support.
Please note that while we do take all possible precautions, and ask that others who access the building do the same, like any shared space we cannot guarantee that the building will never be visited by someone who has an active or asymptomatic case of COVID-19. We are committed to timely communication with you about what you need to know about visiting the building and will do everything we can to make CommunityWise a safe and healthy environment for everyone. This also means up to and including closing the building for cleaning and disinfecting, if it becomes necessary.
Get in touch with any questions! We continue to look forward to the day when we can see you more often again.
CommunityWise Staff Collective
firstname.lastname@example.org (best way to get in touch)
403-261-9660 (admin office number; messages will only be checked periodically)
403-233-9326 (urgent facility issues)