Bylaws Changes 2017
A proposal was passed at the May 18, 2017 Annual General Meeting to repeal the 2013 CommunityWise Bylaws and replace them with the 2017 CommunityWise Bylaws (click to view). This was due to the large number of proposed changes.
Summary of changes:
- The usage of gender neutral pronouns.
- Clarification of and edits for consistency of CommunityWise terminology.
- Removal of legacy communication methods (ex. Fax) and allowing electronic communications as a way of offering notice.
- The consistency of the Board of Directors, specifically: ensuring that external Community Representatives will never hold a majority over members of the Society.
- Other changes that better reflect operational realities in 2017.